UW students and benefited faculty and staff are eligible to install the full version of Office Pro Plus as part of UW's Office 365 subscription.
From your UW email account, you have 5 licenses that can be installed on PC or MAC, or on mobile devices.
Below are instructions on how to install Office Pro Plus on a Windows 7 machine. The installation process is similar for Windows 8, Windows 10, and the Mac OS.
1. Go to wyoweb.uwyo.edu and click on the email tab and sign in.
2. Once signed in, click on the Office 365 option in the top right hand corner of the screen.
3. It will direct you to a page with all the online apps you have access too. In the top right-hand corner of the screen, select Install Office 365
4. From there it will instantly begin to download the installer. Once downloaded, go ahead and run it. It will run the installer and you will then have the office 365 suite installed on your computer.
- Login to your Office 365 email account at: https://uwmail.uwyo.edu
- Once logged in, click on the setting's gear and select Office 365 Settings.
- In the middle of the next screen, click on Install Software.
- The system will detect the operating system you are running and recommend the latest version of Office for you to install. Once you verify the version to install, click the Install button.
- If you are prompted to Run or Save the file, select Run.
- Microsoft Office will install in the background and after a few minutes you will receive notice stating Welcome to your new Office. At this screen click Next.
- Follow the prompts through the installation, selecting the options you want.
- When all options are selected a video will play explaining some of the features of Office. Once the video is done it will ask you to Sign in. At the Sign in prompt enter your email@example.com email address and click Next.
- Follow the remaining prompts and when complete you can begin to use the Office products.