NOTE: Functional knowledge and use of this application is the responsibility of the user.
NOTE: If you have not purchased an Adobe software license will not have access to install the software.
These network locations are restricted to UW domain accounts. Adobe applications are fee-based, so access to the network location will not be granted until a departmental IDR or procurement care (P-card) payment is received by IT.
The University of Wyoming is a program member of the Adobe Open Options Contractual Licensing Program (CLP). As a member, UW is able to secure volume pricing on various Adobe products. This significantly reduces the costs incurred by UW departments and colleges. Further information on this program, product descriptions and pricing, the eligibility requirements, and the necessary steps for attaining a license to a specific Adobe product can be found on the UW Adobe CLP License Web page.
For ease of installation of some Adobe applications, Information Technology (IT) provides network installation points. These network locations are restricted to UW domain accounts. Adobe applications are fee-based, so access to the network location will not be granted until a departmental IDR or procurement care (P-card) payment is received by IT.
Minimum System Requirements for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- 1.3GHz or faster processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3 for 32 bit or Service Pack 2 for 64 bit; Windows Server® 2003 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- 1.85GB of available hard-disk space
- 1024x768 screen resolution
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, or 10; Firefox Extended Support Release; Chrome
- Video hardware acceleration (optional)
Note: For 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows XP (with Service Pack 2), Microsoft Update KB930627 is required.
Before starting this procedure, it is recommended that all open documents have been saved and any open applications have been closed.
- Accessing the network installation point for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- Click the Start menu button, and click in the Search programs and files box (or click Run in Windows XP).
- In the Search programs and files box (or the Run window), type \\uwapps.uwyo.edu\AdobeAcrobat11Pro$ and press Enter.
NOTE: Make sure that you have typed the correct slashes (i.e. \ and not /).
- Double click on Setup.exe.
- In the Setup window, select the language for the installation and click OK.
- In the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro window, click Next.
- In the Welcome to the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro Setup window, enter your User Name, Organization, and Serial Number that you were provided, and click Next.
- In the Setup Type window, click the type of install you wish to do and click Next.
NOTE: Selecting Complete will install all applications and components in their entirety to your computer, which is recommended for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, especially for computers that may not always be connected to the UW network. Selecting Custom will allow you to install only the specific applications or components that you need. Selecting Typical will install only the most common components for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. If you select Typical or Custom, be aware that in the future if you need to use a component you do not select, you must be connected to the UW network in order for the component to be installed.
- In the Destination Folder window, verify the install location and click Next.
- In the Ready to Install the Program window, click Install.
- If a User Account Control window opens, click Yes.
- In the Setup Completed window, click Finish.
- Accessing Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- To access Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, click the Windows Start button, All Programs, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro or click the icon on your desktop.
- The first time accessing Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, an Adobe Software License Agreement window will appear. Click Accept.
- In the Register Your Product window, click Register Now to register Acrobat XI Pro for use.